Technology has evolved into a necessity in almost every aspect of our daily lives, especially in the world of business. Companies are constantly forced to adapt to the rapid advances in technology in order to thrive. For some business leaders, keeping on top of the latest technology changes might feel exciting, but for others, it can feel overwhelming and pulls you away from focusing on core business.
The decision to involve an external team to handle one of the most important aspects of your business – your IT systems – may save you a LOT of trouble. If you’re a business leader who is looking for better value from your IT investment, then outsourcing to a trusted Managed IT Support provider may be a great option for you. You might be surprised at what great benefits you can get from outsourcing your IT Support.
In this blog we share the most important benefits from outsourcing your IT Support.
Here are The Top 5 Benefits of Outsourcing Your IT:
You can stay in your zone of genius
Knowing that there is a reliable IT Support team looking after your IT health gives you the opportunity to focus your energy on the core needs of your business. This will help drive your business forward rather than allocating valuable resources to not-so-rewarding tasks such as software updates and security patches.
To have a Managed IT Support partner is to have a dedicated set of eyes looking after your IT health so that you can fully benefit from your IT investment, rather than becoming distracted by it.
Peace of Mind
When you choose a trusted IT partner, your business is under the care of industry experts who are proactively watching over your IT health using advanced monitoring systems. This also includes enhanced performance for your IT systems, identifying glitches and addressing them before they become a real problem. But if they go unnoticed and undiagnosed, the issues could cause a major expense and downtime.
This will give you peace of mind knowing IT problems are minimised, and allows a highly experienced team of IT experts to take over solving problems and finding scalable solutions for your IT. Furthermore, they can help expand your vision on how you can effectively use technology in your business to drive positive change.
Manage Cashflow with predictable costs
Many Managed IT Support providers run on a subscription-based model that offer a fixed monthly or annual fee. Outsourcing your IT and having them proactively manage your IT systems also means there is less chance of unexpected problems and expenses from arising. This allows you to manage your cashflow with more predictable costs.
You may have the idea that onboarding an external team of highly skilled IT professionals would be expensive, but it may actually save you money.
Access the latest technology skills, knowledge and systems
One significant advantage of outsourcing your IT to a Managed IT Support team is having access to their up-to-date IT skills, knowledge and systems. This can play out in a number of ways:
- You have access to a whole team of IT experts, with a broad range of skills, experience, qualifications and expertise, all included in your monthly support costs. You don’t need to be reliant on one internal “IT guy” to have the adequate skills to fix every issue that arises.
- A quality managed IT provider will be on the forefront of technology knowledge and trends, so they can keep you updated on the most necessary changes relevant to your business.
- Should you require further recommendations with regard to technology (for example, relocating your office premises or scoping out a new project), you will be able to seek advice from your trusted IT partner who understands IT as well as your business systems and goals.
- A Managed IT partner can work with you to ensure your cybersecurity strategies are in place and your system firewalls and defenses are up to date, so your data and business stay secure.
- A quality Managed IT Support provider will use the latest and best technology in their own business in order to monitor and maintain your IT systems, so you be sure your business is in the best and safest hands.
Managing Your IT Vendors and Suppliers
Along with access to the latest technologies, a Managed IT Support Provider can share their network of product and service vendors with you, obtain the best deals, and communicate with vendors on your behalf. They will also have specialty product knowledge, understand the specifications and know what technology your business needs to meet your requirements.
Spoiler alert, the latest tech on sale at a retailer like JB-HiFi may not be the most economical or best-fit for your business!
Dealing with vendors can be overwhelming, but a good Managed IT Support provider will be experienced in liaising with vendors to help with purchases, as well as troubleshoot issues on your behalf. Your IT provider can streamline all communications and assign subject matter experts to handle each task.
Technology is a huge part of running a business and is a vital factor in determining the success of your short-term and long-term objectives. Having a set of expert eyes to take important IT matters off your shoulders is a smart initiative that can bring many benefits to you and your Organisation.
When you are ready to engage with an external IT provider, you might like to read this article about the best approach to outsourcing your IT.
Interested in learning more about outsourcing your IT Support? See how we can help.